Mastery words and expressions: whether
Oral words and expressions: ordinary
1. Let the students learn about the world records in a variety of categories.
2. Cultivate the spirit of teamwork.
Teaching Important Points:
1. Expressing happiness.
2. Comparative and Superlative Degrees of Adjective and Adverbs.
Teaching Difficult Points:
Comparative and Superlative Degrees of Adjective and Adverbs.
Teaching Preparation: pictures
Teaching Aids: audiotape, flashcards, pictures
Type of lesson: new lesson
Step1. Show the picture of Liu Xiang in the 2004 Olympics. He broke the world record of 100-metre hurdle race.
Let the students talk about the race the perfect performance of Liu Xiang.
Step2. Come to “THINK ABOUT IT”.
Divide the class into groups of three or four. Discuss the following questions:
1. Do you know of any world records? What are they?
2. Who broke the world record in the last Olympic Games? What can you learn from them?
3. What world record do you think you can break?
After five minutes, ask every group sends a student to speak in front of the class.
Step3.Listen to the tape and decide the following questions are true or false.
1. Brian’s idea is to play basketball without stopping.
2. Danny ate a banana for lunch.
3. Brian said Danny was the world’s funniest dinosaur.
Step4.Read the text and finish the exercises.
Read the text and fill in the blanks.
Jenny, Brian and Danny are talking about how ordinary people can ______a world record. Brian’s idea is to _______ ______ for a ______ _______ without stopping. He thinks they could _______ ______. Some of them would _______ while some others slept and ______. Danny is going to drink a lot of _______. He will eat more fruits and ______ to be the world’s ______ dinosaur.
Give the students about five minutes to read the text, and then finish the exercise.
Let’s check the answers in oral in class.
Step5. Come to “PROJECT”.
Divide the class into groups of three or four. Let’s have brainstorm. Discuss what they have done differently in their life. What do you think are great in your life? Share your opinion with the class. Let’s see if it can be a world record.
Search on the Internet for some of the world records. Then the class will have more laughs. Ask each group to record what they think are interesting. Why? Let them give reports to the class.
We finish the project in two classes.
1. Finish off the activity book.
2. Go on the next reading in the student book.
We can practice the main grammars with the objects around us. We observe and feel the things around us more carefully. We have a chance to enjoy our life deeply. Encourage the students to search on the Internet. Internet is the most important means in our today’s life.